Friday, March 10, 2006

I recently heard a man, while explaining how a person could convert to Christianity, say the experience was not unlike a person who sits in a chair. He said that while a person can have faith that a chair will hold him, it's not until he sits in the chair that he has acted on his faith.

I wondered as I heard this if the chair was a kind of a symbol for Jesus, and how irritated Jesus might be if a lot of people kept trying to sit on Him.

And then I wondered at how Jesus could say He was a Shepherd and we were sheep, and that the Father in heaven was our Father and we were His children, and that He Himself was a Bridegroom and we were His bride, and yet we somehow missed His meaning and thought becoming a Christian was like sitting in a chair.

Donald Miller in
Searching for the Gospel of Jesus (CT Article)

2 Comments:

Blogger Friar Tuck said...

This is awesome

1:33 PM  
Blogger Friar Tuck said...

my favorite so far.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home